Position Title: Business Development and Research Associate – Amman, Jordan
About Us: In 2006, Souktel changed the face of international development — by launching the first job and aid information services on mobile devices. Today, we design and deliver digital solutions for 50+ leading implementers across the Middle East, Africa and Asia. Our game-changing work is the reason why we’re market leaders: In 2015, the Wall Street Journal declared Souktel’s core product “one of five apps bringing the Next Billion online. Souktel’s investors include Sadara Ventures–a fund backed by Google, Cisco, the Skoll Foundation and the Soros Economic Development Fund.
Your Job: Working under the guidance of the Amman-based Director of Strategy & Programs, as part of Souktel’s fast-growing business development team, you’ll help drive the company’s solution-driven approach to projects and partnerships. This position is full-time, based in Amman, Jordan, with potential travel to Souktel project sites and its regional office in Ramallah. Compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities, through intelligence gathering and research.
- Conduct pre-bid data gathering and positioning: Carry out competitive analyses for new bids, contribute to the development of “win themes” and technical approaches.
- Assist in preparing bids for major open solicitations and proposal submissions, including research and costing support.
- Monitor and identify new sector trends and funder strategies related to “ICT for Development”; contribute to the development of strategic plans in response.
- Develop ad-hoc, internal market briefings and analyses to support the needs of Souktel teams.
- Carry out research assignments related to sector-, region- or solution-specific topics.
- Contribute to the development of Souktel’s client-facing marketing/communications materials (including the corporate website, overviews, and project/client case studies).
- University degree in business administration, economics, international development or similar.
- At least 3 years of experience in the international development/aid sector or in management consulting, with a preference for experience in the MENA region and/or donor HQ locations (e.g. Washington DC, London, Brussels).
- Experience in cost proposal development for large donor-funded projects.
- Exceptional problem-solving, business analysis and research skills, in conjunction with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Great interpersonal, public speaking, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision, under tight deadlines, on multiple/ simultaneous tasks.
- Native proficiency in written and spoken English; Arabic and/or French are a plus.
- Experience in managing CRM and/or knowledge management platforms (e.g. Insightly CRM, Microsoft SharePoint).
To Apply: Please email your CV, your LinkedIn profile link, a professional writing sample and contact details for two professional references to [email protected]. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.