Job Title: Associate, Business Development – Washington, D.C.
Summary: Based in Washington, DC, and reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Associate is responsible for supporting Souktel’s business development team growth—focusing on three key objectives: 1) active client engagement and outreach to support proposal and partnership development; 2) internal knowledge management; and, 3) market research and information analysis.
- Provide daily support monitoring new market opportunities, proposals, and industry data.
- Initiate client outreach related to specific proposal and partnership opportunities for donors including USAID, the UN, World Bank, DFID, and others.
- Respond to client and partner requests regarding Souktel’s experiences and capabilities.
- Deliver tailored pitches to clients/partners and support client presentation development.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with clients/partners.
- Actively participate in industry outreach and networking opportunities including events and conferences.
- Assist in the recruitment of short and long-term staff for potential engagements.
- Provide research and writing support in the development of concept notes and proposals.
- Maintain and contribute to the business development team’s CMS and market analysis tools.
- Contribute to internal and external communications including marketing materials and web-based content.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience, with a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Personal interest in the aid and international development sector.
- Self-starter with demonstrated resourcefulness in problem solving, and initiative to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in communicating professionally with external audiences, partners, and clients, both orally and in writing.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Native proficiency in English; authorized to work in the US.
- Demonstrated understanding of ICT4D industry actors and trends.
- Language proficiency in a foreign language, preferably Arabic, Spanish, or French.
- Experience with US funders (USAID and US Department of State) a plus.
To Apply: Please e-mail your CV to [email protected]. In the subject line, please include “Application for Business Development Associate” with your last name. Application period ends at 5 pm, Washington, DC local time, on Friday, March 16, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.