Job Title: Manager, Business Development – Washington, DC
Summary: Reporting to Souktel’s Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager helps shape Souktel’s growing business development team, driving growth and supporting strategic expansion into new markets, while developing and maintaining partnerships with key funders and aid implementers. This position is full-time, based in Washington, DC, with periodic travel to Souktel project sites and its Middle East regional office. Compensation is competitive and includes stock options.
- Work closely with the Director of Business Development to support growth and new market expansion, through the execution of Souktel’s business development strategy.
- Monitor new sector trends, funder strategies and funding solicitations related to “ICT for Development”; identify key opportunities and help develop strategic plans in response.
- Lead intelligence gathering and partner relationship management activities to identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities for existing and new markets.
- Lead pre-bid data gathering and positioning: Carry out competitive analyses for new bids, develop “win themes” and technical approaches, negotiate teaming agreements.
- Prepare cost proposals for major open solicitations and proposal submissions.
- Prepare technical inputs for major open solicitations and proposal submissions including technical design content, PPRs, and capacity statements.
- Deliver tailored product demos to current/prospective clients and funders.
- Develop technical resource materials for funders and implementing partners.
- Support the design and institutionalization of organizational processes and procedures.
- Regularly attend and represent Souktel at key sector events (funder conferences, tech sector summits).
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or development-related field.
- 2-3 years of experience in successful proposal development for USAID and other major donors.
- Demonstrated understanding of or strong interest in “Mobiles for Development” or “ICT for Development”.
- Detailed knowledge of USG proposal rules and regulations; strong knowledge of donor budgeting processes.
- Prior experience managing business development activities and/or projects for large-scale international implementers, preferably in the Middle East or Africa regions.
- Exceptional interpersonal, public speaking, and relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work without direct daily supervision, under tight deadlines, on multiple/ simultaneous proposal efforts.
- Ability to travel frequently, on short notice, to field project sites.
- Native proficiency in English; authorized to work in the US.
- Masters or advanced degree in a development-related field.
- Experience managing CRM platforms (Salesforce, Insightly or similar).
- Proficient spoken/written Arabic and/or French.
To Apply: Please e-mail your CV to [email protected]. In the subject line, please include “Application for Business Development Manager” with your last name. Application period ends at 5 pm, Washington, DC local time, on Friday, March 16, 2018. Only successful candidates will be contacted.